Welcome to our website. If you continue to use this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions, which give us a healthy relationship with you. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions please do not continue browsing this website.
1. casa chukum´s TERMS & CONDITIONS
We kindly invite our guests to respect the following regulations during their stay.
- The guest has the obligation to register with an official identification and sign the registration form.
- No person can be accommodated without the approval of management.
- Lodging must be paid in advance when the stay is less than 7 days.
- Check-In: 3 p.m. Check-Out: 12 p.m. with delivery of the key and controls.
- Reception service: 24 hours.
- Cleaning of rooms: From 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sheets: Are changed every 2 nights during your stay or when the guest requests it.
- Breakfast: Included in the price of the stay and served between 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Pool Regulations (maximum depth 1.5 meters): Access from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.:
- There is no lifeguard service, therefore, access to the pool is under the responsibility of the guest.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please use the shower before entering the pool.
- Use of the pool using tanning-oils or sunblock is prohibited. Do not introduce food and drinks.
- Departure from the room: The guest has the obligation to close the door, window, and shut off lights, air conditioning, water faucets before leaving the room and return the key to the reception.
- Baggage storage: Up to 12 hours.
- Casa Chukum offers our guests a security service at our reception desk for their valuables and a small safe in each room. We are not responsible for objects of value left or lost items on the facilities.
- Casa Chukum is not responsible for damage to the guest vehicles, as well as services outside the hotel.
- No loud noise is permitted in the rooms and other facilities between 11:00 p.m. and 08:00 a.m.
- Casa Chukum will prevent access and/or permanence of people in the hotel in the following cases:
- When the person manifests violent attitudes or causes inconvenience to other guests.
- When the person carries weapons, is consuming drugs or shows symptoms of having consumed them.
- The furniture and utensils of the hotel have been arranged with the intention of making the stay of our guests as pleasant as possible. Please use them appropriately. In case of lose, theft or unjustified deterioration, the establishment reserves the right to demand the corresponding compensation.
- Not allowed:
- Entering the lobby area with wet garments.
- Smoking in rooms, lobby and hallways.
- Introducing any type of drugs or animals other than a guide dog.
- Removing towels from the room or extending clothing or towels in the windows balconies or terraces of the rooms.
Any breach of this Internal Regulation by the guest may be grounds to rescind the hosting contract, without legal liability for Casa Chukum.
2. Website terms and Conditions
The term Casa Chukum or "we" refers to our website being registered at the address Avenida 3, corner with 28, 77930 Bacalar, Quintana Roo, Mexico. The terms "you", "user" or "you" refer to the visitor of this website.
The content of the pages of this website is for general information use and is subject to change without notice. None of us or third parties provide any guarantee of performance and online time of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
The information and materials may contain errors and we are excused by some misunderstanding, or errors arising from this.
The use of the information or materials posted on this site is the responsibility of the user. This material includes, but is not limited to, design, layout, appearance and graphics. Reproduction of any kind without prior authorization of Casa Chukum is prohibited, which is part of the terms and conditions.
All brands that are on the website cannot be damaged or used for offenses. In some cases this website has or will have links to other sites. These links will have information related to the theme of this site so that you have other references. This does not mean that we have authority over other external sites and we have no responsibility for the content linked to those sites.
The use of this website is governed by the laws of the Mexican Republic.
Casa Chukum Bacalar
This privacy notice is provided as set forth in articles 8, 15, 16, 36 and other related, applicable articles in the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares, LFPDPPP).
1. Identity and main address of the responsible party.
Casa Chukum is responsible for acquiring and processing your personal data obtained due to the hosting relationship you have with us.
2. Personal Information.
For the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice, Casa Chukum will obtain the following personal data from you: first and last name, date of birth, sex, address, telephone, email and social media address, age range, federal taxpayer number (registro federal de contribuyentes, RFC), marital status, occupation, nationality or citizenship, Facebook and Twitter address; main reason for your trip and number of trips per year; name and information of third parties; your company name, your title and contact information; credit card or form of payment information, invoice dates; interests, opinions and hobbies; as well as your IP address and type of browser when obtained electronically.
Please note that Casa Chukum does not obtain personal information that is sensitive personal data by the LFPDPPP. We may obtain information from your credit card for reservations and payment purposes if you do not fulfill your reservation.
Casa Chukum obtains or may obtain personal information from you by the following means:
- Personally, when you provide it to any of our employees, by filling out forms upon check-in with us or at our reception desk. Also, when you answer satisfaction and opinion questionnaires about the service or subscribe to offers and contests or loyalty programs.
- Directly, when you provide it to us by telephone or electronically, by filling out the reservation form on our website, interacting on our social networks or through cookies or web beacons, or by email. Also, when you answer satisfaction and opinion questionnaires about the service electronically or subscribe to offers and contests or loyalty programs through our electronic media.
- Indirectly, when you provide your personal information to any of our suppliers, such as travel agencies or third parties that provide us with databases, or that support us during the reservations and marketing processes.
The following links show how to adjust the browser settings of commonly used browsers:
Keep in mind that if you choose to block cookies, it may affect or prevent the operation of our site and service.
The collection and processing of the personal information is carried out for the following necessary purposes:
- To have a record of our guests and provide them with the best service and care possible.
- To contact guests when needed, including to complete transactions or provide customized services, or in case of emergency.
- To obtain billing information if required.
- To make a reservation according to your specifications and needs.
- To obtain credit card information, which will only be used to guarantee a reservation, by charging a payment only if the reservation is not fulfilled.
- To ask you about the quality of our service and about your specific needs, to offer you a better service.
- To comply with all mandatory legal provisions for Casa Chukum, in the framework of its business relationship with you.
- To comply with all contractual obligations entered with you within the framework of the existing business relationship.
- To protect the rights and interests of Casa Chukum,in accordance to legal provisions.
- To include you in contests, raffles, and sweepstakes, including digital ones, which allows us to filter deals and announcements sent to you, as well as how to contact the winner.
- To send you personalized advertising materials for marketing, statistical, and market research reasons.
You may choose to opt out of receiving advertising via the link that appears in each ad you will receive in order to be removed from the advertising and marketing mailing list. Additionally, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your personal information not be used for unnecessary means, as stipulated in section 5.
We would like to inform you that you may register in the Public Registry of Consumers outlined in the Federal Consumer Protection Law, and in the Public Registry of Users as set forth in the Financial Services User Protection and Defense Law so as not to receive advertising. If you decide to register in said registries, we will honor your decision.
4. Transfer of personal information.
- Your personal information may be shared with competent authorities where applicable by law. These transfers may be national or international in nature.
- Casa Chukum may transfer all or part of your personal information to web page support service providers, such as GoogleAnalytics, with the purpose of obtaining information such as your IP address, statistics, and data analysis concerning the use of our page. These transfers may be national or international in nature.
- It may also send your personal information to marketing and advertising providers for e-mail hosting information for ad creation.
5. ARCO Rights
Pursuant to the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data held by Private Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de Particulares, LFPDPPP), you have the rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition to Use, also known as "ARCO Rights", which will be explained briefly below:
- Access: The right to access your personal information that we obtain from you, as well as to obtain information relating to the way your information is handled.
- Rectification: The right to correct your personal information if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Cancellation: The right to ask us to cancel the personal information we have collected from you, when you feel that they are not being handled in a manner consistent with the principles and obligations established by the LFPDPPP and its Rules.
- Opposition to use: The right to oppose the use of your personal information, when a legitimate reason exists or so that your information is not used for specific ends.
The LFPDPPP may also grant the right to revoke previously obtained consent for the use of your personal information at any time.
For the purposes of exercising your ARCO rights, to request or revoke previously given consent for use and in general, to submit any questions or complaints related to the use of your personal information, or to learn if there are other options available (other than those established here) so that you may limit the use or distribution of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your cancellation, revocation, and opposition to use requests will be evaluated as per the terms established in the LFPDPPP. Approval or rejection will be resolved by considering the precepts of the LFPDPPP and the other obligations applicable to Casa Chukum (fiscal, commercial, consumer protection, public safety, health safety, etc.). In general, please consider that your requests may be rejected in cases where use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation imposed or acquired by Casa Chukum.
In any case, simple requests must be sent as previously mentioned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Casa Chukum will inform you of (i) the information required to identify yourself as well as the documents you will need to send along with your request; (ii) the time period in which you will receive a reply concerning your request; (iii) the manner in which you must present your request, including the forms you may use to make a request, if applicable, and; (iv) the manner or medium through which we will deliver the information to you.
6. Personal Information Security
Casa Chukum will take security measures to protect your information, whether physical, organizational, and technical, to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, or illegal distribution of the personal information you may provide us with. Third parties that receive your personal information will be subject to privacy policies like those established herein.
7. Changes to the Privacy Notice.
Casa Chukum reserves the right to carry out changes or updates to the current Privacy Notice at any time, for the purposes of reflecting current regulations or internal policies. These changes will be available through the following: visible announcements at our establishments, on our web pages, or via e-mail. If you do not agree with said changes, you must send a message to the e-mail address previously mentioned, requesting the cancellation of your personal information pursuant to the LFPDPPP.
Date this privacy notice was updated: July 2019